WHY LOOSE LEAF TEA?
There are many answers to this question, let's start with the simple ones first...
- It taste's better than tea from a tea bag, don't believe us? Order yourself a sample to try for yourself.
- It looks better; even before brewing, the tea is a beautiful sight to see, but watching how the flower blossoms and tea leaves unfurl in the water as it's steeping is somewhat mesmerising and you can appreciate the true beauty of the tea.
- Despite what you might think, premium loose leaf tea is cheaper than premium tea bags! Bet you never thought that would be the case did you? But, per cup our tea is approx £0.09 per cup compared to a premium shop bought tea at £0.28 per tea bag, wait there's more...our loose leaf tea is such high quality that it can be infused several times, so from 1 scoop of tea you could make yourself 3-4 cups of tea throughout the day as long as the leaves don't completely dry out in between brews, so that makes it even cheaper!!
- Our loose leaf tea is made from lovingly hand picked whole leaves, flower blossoms and natural flavourings like cinnamon bark and lemon pieces giving way to complex evolving flavours -vs- tea bags; which are machine picked (including the twigs) and mulched into a powdery dust giving a dull bitter dry flavour.
WHERE'S MY ORDER?
We hand measure and pack each order fresh for you. We don't have bags of tea hanging around pre-packed for days or months with the flavours sadly fading away, we want to ensure your tea reaches you at it's freshest and tastiest so your tea experience is a superb one. For UK orders we ship with Hermes so delivery can be tracked by both you and us, for European orders (including Republic of Ireland) we ship with Royal Mail. We estimate 5 working days from the day you place your order to you enjoying an amazing cup of tea. If you haven't received your order after this time, please do get in contact.
HOW DO I GET THE CORRECT WATER TEMPERATURE FOR MY TEA?
Water temperature is critical for making a good cuppa tea and each type of tea requires a different water temperature and steeping time. If you use freshly boiled water on green or white teas especially, they are so delicate you can and will burn the leaves and ruin your brew. Don't have a thermometer? Don't worry there is an easy way to get your water temp between 70-80c by following the warm cup method;
- Firstly pour into your tea cup cold (ideally filtered) water 1/8th of the way up from the bottom of the cup.
- Then pour in the freshly boiled water from the kettle to fill up your cup.
- Next pour this over your tea leaves in your tea pot, doing this for however many cups of tea you are making.
- Now let your tea steep for the recommended time and enjoy, it's as simple as that.
Need cooler water for a delicate tea (usually white teas)? Just increase the amount of cold water in the cup to a 1/4 and follow the above method. Please remember this isn't an exact method, but it does work well, if you want to be spot on you will need to invest in a thermometer.
DO I NEED TO ADD MILK?
Ask any tea drinker how they like their tea and each one will give you a different answer, this is because when it comes to tea there are no rules and our teas are of such exquisite quality that that even our black teas can be drunk without a drop of milk and our blends have just the right natural sweetness that many drinkers with a sweet tooth find they don't need to add any extra sugar, but if you do that's fine too, remember it's your tea so drink what tastes good to you, however if you are new to the gourmet world of loose leaf tea, here are a couple of pointers to get you on your way:
- Black Teas; go ahead and add some milk to this type of tea. Adding a touch of milk to Assam can actually soften the strong flavour, but remember just because a tea is 'black' doesn't mean it's strong; Darjeeling for example has a delicate flavour for a black tea and can easily be overwhelmed by milk, whereas keeping it black and adding a slice of fresh lemon brings out the bergamot in Earl Grey teas.
- Everything Else; so that's Green, White, Rooibos, Fruit Blends please don't add milk to these, you will ruin the delicate aromatics these teas produce, but if you must you can go ahead and sweeten them with honey, maple syrup, sugar or a sugar substitute of your choice.
CAN I DRINK HERBAL TEAS?
Although every one of our teas has been blended from all natural ingredients, many of which have many health benefits; If you are taking a prescribed medication or have a health condition or allergy, please check in with your doctor or have a chat with your prescribing pharmacist to make sure the ingredients in our teas are compatible with your medication/health condition/allergy.
DO YOU SELL TO TEA ROOMS, COFFEE SHOPS OR CAFES...?
If you are from one of the above and are interested in selling our exquisite teas to your customers please get in touch via the Contact page or email us firstname.lastname@example.org we are always keen to talk possibilities.